We believe that professional growth and development is vital in order to continue in offering our clients the best possible creative skills and materials. For this very reason the team at Shell Graphix decided to venture far and wide by attending the How Design Live Conference 2011 held in the Hyatt, Chicago.
We have returned back to the Gold Coast Australia after 5 days of seminar, workshop and studio tour packed inspiration ready to share some of our highlights.
The first extra session was Escape the Tri-fold Funk which is something we have been trying to get our clients to do for the past 10 years. A little innovation and a fresh angle can transform a print piece into a user experience. This took on an entirely new meaning and there is no stopping us now!
Our studio visit to the creative spaces of Threadless, Avenue, 15 Letters, Grip, The Post Family and Design Kitchen was invaluable. Thank you for letting us have a sticky beak and generally interrupt workflow on a Friday afternoon. One thing many of these design studios offered was Summer Fridays which meant short days or long lunches to enjoy the summer season.
The weekend line up of sessions included:
- Galumphing, Goats on the Roof and other Revelations for Inspiration from Sam Harrison
- Influence in Business through Design Thinking from Matthew Loyd
- The Creative Side of Growing a Design Business from Peleg Top
- How the New Kids on the Block do it from Mig Reyes (Threadless)
- Where ideas come from and where they go from Stephen Doyle
- The new web typography: Where the sexy is from Jason Cranford Teague
- Publishing to digital devices with InDesign from Rufus Deuchler, Adobe Systems
- Lead Generation 101: How to make your site into a business-generating machine from Mark O’Brien
- Sketch, Sketch, Sketch from Jack and Pum Lefebure
Keep an eye on this space as we up the anti and supply more creative inspiration and turn a corner with what we do and how we do it.
It is time to bring back creativity on a whole new level.
This post was written by Shell Graphix